Dr. Abhishekh B
Medical Registration number:
MD (Transfusion Medicine), DNB (Immunohematology), MNAMS, PGDCR, AABB Certificate Course in Cellular Therapy.
Special Area of Interest:
Apheresis and Cellular Therapy, Clinical Transfusion, Medical Education
- Gnanaraj, J., Kulkarni, R.G., Sahoo, D. Abhishekh, B.Assessment of the Key Performance Indicator Proposed by NABH in the Blood Centre of a Tertiary Health Care Hospital in Southern India. Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12288-022-01563-9
- Noushad S, Sahoo D, Basavarajegowda A, Toora E, Paudel P. Effect of leukapheresis on pain reduction in leukemic priapism. Asian J Transfus Sci 2022;16:124-7.
- Gopal S, Kulkarni R, Basavarajegowda A. Prevalence of C, c, E, e, K, and k antigens in RhD-negative blood donors in and around Puducherry. Asian J Transfus Sci 2022;16:150-1.
- Loganathan R, Abhishekh B. Refrigerated centrifuge calibration for maximum platelet and plasma yield in a blood bank. Asian J Transfus Sci 2022;16:156-7
- Das S, Kayal S, Dubashi B, Basavarajegowda A, Pasupala NK, Kulkarni R, et al. Plerixafor use in autologous hematopoietic stem cell mobilization: Experience from a single center in Southern India. Asian J Transfus Sci 2022;16:7-14.
- S h i v h a r e A , Basavarajegowda A, Harichandrakumar KT, Silwal P, Raj P. Factors associated with vasovagal reactions in whole blood donors: A case–control study. Asian J Transfus Sci 2022;16:41-9.
- Adurthi, S., Kumar, M.M., Vinodkumar, H.S., Geetashree M, H. Krishnamurthy, K. Acharya, U. D. Bafna, Devi K. Uma, Abhishekh, et al.Oestrogen Receptor-α binds the FOXP3 promoter and modulates regulatory T-cell function in human cervical cancer. Sci Rep 7, 17289 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-017-17102-w
- Basavarajegowda A, Bajpai M, Arora S, Maheshwari A, Dua S, Sahoo D. Survey based cross-sectional study to analyse the variation of practices at blood centres during COVID-19 pandemic in India. Transfus Apher Sci. 2021 Jun;60(3):103131. doi:10.1016/j.transci.2021.103131.
- Basavarajegowda A, Arjunan C, Nalini Y C, Parameshwaran S, Kannan S. A comparative study of knowledge, attitude, and practices about organ donation among blood donors and nonblood donors. Asian J Transfus Sci 2021;15:37-45 doi: 10.4103/ajts.ajts_9_21.
- V Arunachalam, R Kulkarni, A Basavarajegowda. Adverse reactions to the donation of platelet by apheresis and related factors in a tertiary level care blood center. Global Journal of Transfusion Medicine 6 (2), 135-40
- Umakanthan S, Chattu VK, Ranade AV, Das D, Basavarajegowda A, Bukelo M. A rapid review of recent advances in diagnosis, treatment and vaccination for COVID-19. AIMS Public Health. 2021 Feb 1;8(1):137-153. doi: 10.3934/publichealth.2021011 PMID: 33575413; PMCID: PMC7870385.
- Nair NP, Alexander A, Abhishekh B, Hegde JS, Ganesan S, Saxena SK. Safety and Efficacy of Autologous Platelet-rich Fibrin on Graft Uptake in Myringoplasty: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Int Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2019 Jan;23(1):77-82. doi: 10.1055/s-0038-1649495.
- Remakanth R, Basavarajegowda A*, Dhodapkar R. Prevalence of dengue NS1 antigenemia among healthy blood donors in a tertiary care hospital in Southern India. Asian J Transfus Sci Asian J Transfus 2021; DOI:10.4103/ajts.ajts_51_21
- Balasubramanyam P,Basavarajegowda A*, Hanumanthappa N, Negi VS,Harichandrakumar KT.Irradiating stored blood and storing irradiated blood: Is it different? ‐ A study of serial changes in biochemical parameters of red blood cell units. Asian J Transfus Sci 2021; DOI:10.4103/ajts.ajts_71_21
- Gnanaraj J, Toora E, Pothen J, Sathish S, Menon V, Basavarajegowda A. Transfusion-associated anxiety: Recognised and overcome in an adolescent child. Transfus Clin Biol. 2021 May;28(2):217-220. doi: 10.1016/j.tracli.2021.02.002.
- Gnanaraj J, Arjunan C, Basavarajegowda A. Hourglass ballooning of the apheresis kit blood filter. J Clin Apher. 2020 Aug;35(4):376-377. doi: 10.1002/jca.21808.
- Mathew J, Gnanaraj J, Basavarajegowda A, Venkateswaran R. Plasmapheresis in lethal yellow phosphorus poisoning: a scope for recovery. BMJ Case Rep. 2021 21 Apr;14(4):e239676. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2020-239676
- Cherukat J, Jacob SE, Kulkarni R, Basavarajegowda A. Seroprevalence of cytomegalovirus among blood donors at a tertiary care hospital in Puducherry, India. Is testing donated blood for cytomegalovirus a viable option? Asian J Transfus Sci 2021;15:113-4. DOI: 10.4103/ajts.AJTS_1_19
- Remakanth R, Abhishekh B. Is it an acute pain transfusion reaction? Asian J Transfus Sci 2021;15:97-9. DOI:10.4103/ajts.AJTS_100_20
- Das S, Priyamvada PS, Basavarajegowda A, Mathur A. Deciphering a delayed hemolytic transfusion reactions nightmare – Case of Chido/Roger antibodies. Asian J Transfus Sci 2019;13:132-5 DOI:10.4103/ajts.AJTS_152_17
- Singh J, Kayal S, Dubashi B, Jadhav N, Basu D, Vijayakumar S, Basavarajegowda A, Vadivel A. Engraftment syndrome, transplant-associated thrombotic microangiopathy and hemophagocytic syndrome following autologous stem cell transplant in multiple myeloma. Transfus Med. 2019 Aug;29(4):290-294. doi: 10.1111/tme.12600.
- Basavarajegowda A, Usha KC, Mayadevi S. Self-admitted motivating factors and barriers to blood donation in a single center from Southern India. Glob J Transfus Med 2020;5:34-7 DOI: 10.4103/GJTM.GJTM_67_19
- Gopal S, Kannan S, Kulkarni R,Basavarajegowda A*. Prevalence of ABO Blood Group Phenotypes and Antibody Titers of the Blood Donor Population in and around Puducherry. Int J Adv Med Health Res 2021;8:28-32. DOI:10.4103/ijamr.ijamr_8_21
- Das S, Basavarajegowda A*. A retrospective study of single-unit transfusion in a tertiary care center of Southern India. Glob J Transfus Med 2021;6:38-42. DOI: 10.4103/GJTM.GJTM_51_20
- Gente VK, Basavarajegowda A*, Kulkarni R, Basu D. Recipient hemovigilance at a tertiary care hospital in Southern India: A cross-sectional study. Int J Adv Med Health Res 2018;5:66-70 DOI:10.4103/IJAMR.IJAMR_33_18
- Basavarajegowda A, Harshavardhana, Anand DS. Effect of donor arm washing on microbial growth at phlebotomy site in first-time blood donors. Hematol Transfus Int J. 2018;6(6):222‒225.DOI: 10.15406/htij.2018.06.00188
- Remakanth R, Abhishekh B. Blood utilization quality indicators in a tertiary care center in South India. Glob J Transfus Med 2020;5:206-8.DOI: 10.4103/GJTM.GJTM_67_20
- Kannan S, Kulkarni R, Basavarajegowda A*. Prevalence of high titered anti-A and anti-B antibodies among O blood group individuals and their associated factors. Glob J Transfus Med 2020;5:187-91. DOI: 10.4103/GJTM.GJTM_38_20
- Pokhrel B, Basavarajegowda A*, Chandran S, Basu D, Rehman T. Allogenic blood transfusion requirements and effects of storage age of blood units on postoperative period in cardiac surgeries: An analytical study. Glob J Transfus Med 2019;4:180-5 DOI: 10.4103/GJTM.GJTM_47_19
- R Loganathan, Rajendra G Kulkarni, Rakhee Kar, B Abhishekh and Debdatta Basu. Effects of Site of Blood Collection and Duration of Storage on Coagulation Factor V and Factor IX Levels in Fresh Frozen Plasma. Annals of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Vol. 7, Issue 10, October 2020. DOI: 10.21276/APALM.2822
- Dwivedi P, Basavarajegowda A*, Sastry AS. Surrogate markers and their correlation to bacterial contamination and other quality parameters in random-donor platelets by a platelet-rich plasma method. Glob J Transfus Med 2019;4:33-8.DOI: 10.4103/GJTM.GJTM_5_19
- Loganathan R, Kulkarni RG, Kar R, Abhishekh B, Basu D. Assessment and association of coagulation factors (FVIII and fibrinogen) with the mode of collection and storage of fresh frozen plasma. Glob J Transfus Med 2019;4:204-7. DOI: 10.4103/GJTM.GJTM_41_19
- Zayabalaradjane Z, Abhishekh B*, Ponnusamy M, Nanda N, Dharanipragada K, Kumar S. Factors Influencing Medical Students in Choosing Medicine as a Career. Online J Health Allied Scs. 2018;17(4):5. Available at URL:
- Joy A, Sahoo D, Abhishekh B and Kulkarni R. Incidence of Adverse Transfusion Reaction and Practices for its Prevention. Haematol Int J 2021, 5(1): 00183. https://doi.org/10.23880/hij-16000183
- Basavarajegowda A, Vishwanath VK, Jaikumar RG, Subbaiah M. Steroid-Resistant immune thrombocytopenia: Challenges and solutions. J Appl Sci Clin Pract 2021;2:33-41. DOI:10.4103/jascp.jascp_1_21
- Abhishekh Basavarajegowda, Channaveerappa Bammigatti, Srikanth Umakanthan, Shashidhar Binnamangala. The Emergence of COVID-19 in India: A Loco-Regional, Community Perspective and Its Management. World Journal of Research and Review (WJRR)Volume-11, Issue-2, August 2020 Pages 36-40
- Shashidhar Binnamangala,Abhishekh Basavarajegowda*,Srikanth Umakanthan . Current aspects in the management of COVID 19. World Journal of Advanced Research and Reviews, 2020, 08(01), 86-92. https://doi.org/10.30574/wjarr.2020.8.1.0363
- Basavarajegowda A, Anand D, Krishnappa P. Contact urticaria to thrombophob gel. Glob J Transfus Med 2021;6:115-6 DOI: 10.4103/gjtm.gjtm_31_21
- Anuragaa S, Sahoo D, Abhishekh B. Resolving crossmatch incompatibility due to daratumumab in multiple myeloma. Glob J Transfus Med 2020;5:225-7. DOI: 10.4103/GJTM.GJTM_78_20
- Cherukat J, Basavarajegowda A*. Green plasma day … Was sterilization agent the culprit? Glob J Transfus Med 2020;5:234-5 DOI: 10.4103/GJTM.GJTM_69_20
- B Abhishekh, Mayadevi S, KC Usha. Adverse reactions to blood donation. Innovative Journal of Medical and Health Science 3 (4), 158-60
- B Abhishekh, S Mayadevi, D Meena, KC Usha. Distribution of ABO and Rhesus-D blood groups in and around Thiruvananthapuram. Kerala medical journal:1; 28-9
- B Abhishekh, KC Usha. Donor profile and blood safety: comparison between fixed (institute) and mobile site (CAMP) blood collections. International Journal of Current Research and Review 5 (1), 32-5
- S Das, V Kumar, E Jafa, A Basavarajegowda, S Kayal. Complete disappearance of ABO antigen—a cause of ABO discrepancy. Transfusion 58 (1), 5-6
- A Basavarajegowda. Whole Blood Donor Deferral Causes in a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital Blood Bank from South India. Hematology & Transfusion International Journal 5 (2)
- A Mukherjee, A Basavarajegowda, KT Harichandrakumar. Olfactory function and its association with ABO blood group in adults: A cross-sectional study. Global Journal of Transfusion Medicine 2 (2), 143-8
- SR Gaonkar, YC Nalini, B Abhishekh, S Patil. Assessment of Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Blood Donation among Medical Students in Bangalore Karnataka, India. International Journal of Physiology 3 (2), 5-9
- B Abhishekh, YC Nalini, VP Shasidharan. Perceived Stress among Blood Donors who had Vasovagal Syncope. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Health Sciences 1 (1), 1-7
- AM Rafi, SJ Innah, B Abhishekh. Perioperative normovolemic hemodilution in a case of leiomyomatous erythrocytosis. Asian Journal of Transfusion Science 8 (2), 137-8
- Senthil KM, Abilash S, Vinod AC, Abhishekh B. Errors in Management of an Assault Case PARIPEX- Indian Journal Of Research 6 (5)
- LB Elakkumanan, J Cherukat, JN Tolson, S Sistla, A Basavarajegowda. Out of the blue: Blue blood!. Asian journal of transfusion science 11 (2), 212
- A Basavarajegowda. Body mass index as predictor of vasovagal reactions in first time male blood donors. Hematol Transfus Int J 2 (5), 87-9
- A Charumathy, YC Nalini, P Sunantha, B Abhishekh. Awareness and Attitudes about Organ Donation amongst MBBS Students before Starting their First-Year Professional Regular Classes. International journal of contemporary medical research 8 (6), F1-F7
- Anuragaa S, Sahoo D, Abhishekh B, Nair R. A rare case of antibody against enhancement media interfering with crossmatching: A case report and review of literature. Asian J Transfus Sci 2021;15:100-3
Faculty, National Teachers Training Centre (NTTC), JIPMER