Dr. Subashini K
MBBS, MS, DNB, FRCS (Glasg), MNAMS, FIMSA
1996 Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from JIPMER, Puducherry
2001 Master of Surgery in Ophthalmology from JIPMER, Puducherry
2002 Diplomate in National Board in Ophthalmology
2003 FRCS (Ophthalmology), Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
2006-Member of National Board of Examinations (MNAMS), New Delhi
2007 Glaucoma Fellowship, Sydney Eye Hospital, Australia
2010 Fellow of International Medical Science Academy (FIMSA), New Delhi
List of Publications over last 5 years (2017-2021)
- Deb AK, Subramaniam S, Sarkar S, Suneel S, Elamurgan V, KaliaperumalS.Branch retinal artery occlusion as an initial ocular manifestation of severe iron deficiency anemia: A rare case report. Taiwan Journal of Ophthalmology (Online published)
- Sarkar S, Shankaralingappa P, Deb AK, Suneel S, Kaliaperumal S, Natarajan K, et al. Sinus bradycardia following single-day use of timolol eye drops in a healthy young adult - A rare case report. J Clin Ophthalmol Res 2021;9:78-80.
- Senthamizh T, Senthamizhselvan K, Sahoo NK, Kaliaperumal S. Panuveitis in a patient with active Crohn’s disease. BMJ Case Rep. 2021 Feb;14(2):e239058.
- Behera G, Sugumar R, Sistla S, Stephen M, Kaliaperumal S, Babu KR. Burkholderiacenocepacia keratitis. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2020 Nov; 68(11):2550-2552.
- Ganesan N, Narayana S, Kasturi N, Kaliaperumal S, Srinivasan R, Vallinayagam M. Varied Presentations of Posterior Keratoconus: A Clinical Case Series. Cornea. 2020 Nov;39(11):1348-1353.
- Philomenadin FS, Kaliaperumal S et al. Molecular Characterization of Adenovirus from a Multi-centric Keratoconjunctivitis study in India. J Infect Dev Ctries 2020;14(4):404-407
- Mani M, Kasturi N, Sravya R, Kaliaperumal S, Gochhait D. Orbital plasmacytoma as the presenting feature in multiple myeloma [published online ahead of print, 2020 Jun 3]. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2020;1120672120929959.
- Veeranki V, Muralidharan S, Babu D, Kaliaperumal S, KathiravanT,Thabah MM. Bilateral subretinal abscess in community-acquired Meticillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus infection" J R Coll Physicians Edinb 2020; 50: 42–5
- Rathinam N, Kasturi N, Deb AK, Kaliaperumal S. Nonarteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic neuropathy associated with Optic nerve hypoplasia and elevated intraocular pressure. J Neuroophthal 2020;1-4
- Pradhan S, Krishnamurthy S, Jagadisan B, Rajesh NG, Kaliaperumal S, Ramasamy S, Subramanian N.Wilson disease and lupus nephritis: is it coincidence or a true association?Paediatr Int Child Health. 2019; 39:146-9
- Kaliaperumal S, Ganesan N, Kadirvel B. Impact of Health Education Programs on Awareness of Glaucoma in a Tertiary Care Hospital in South India. J Clin Exp Ophthalmol2018;9: 713.
- Selvaraj R, Kaliaperumal S, Sangaraju S. Cotrimoxazole-induced angle closure attack: A paradoxical treatment. TNOA Journal of Ophthalmic Science and Research. 2018;56(1):23
- Sundaramurthy R, Dhodapkar R, Kaliaperumal S, Harish B. Investigational approach to adenoviral conjunctivitis: comparison of three diagnostic tests using a Bayesian latent class model. J Infect Dev Ctries 2018; 12(1):043-051
- Das S, Jagadisan B, Biswal N, Krishnamurthy S, Kaliaperumal S. Digital Gangrene in Association with Retinoblastoma.Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research. Mar2018, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p4-5. 2p.
- Selvaraj R, Kaliaperumal S, Kumari P. Kayserfleischer ring: A strong clinical indicator of neuro-wilson's. TNOA Journal of Ophthalmic Science and Research. 2017;55(4):307
- Kaliaperumal S, Kumar KV, Rao A. Assessment of Quality of life in patients with Glaucoma. European Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research.2017;4 (2):501-6
- Assistant Professor JIPMER Jan. 2010 Till 2013
- Associate Professor JIPMER 2014-2016
- Additional Professor JIPMER 2017 to 2019
- Professor from 2019
- Head of the department from July 2018-June 2021
- Head of Refractive Unit from July 2021
- Secretary of JIPMER Scientific Society for 2017-2018
- Secretary of Pondicherry Ophthalmologists’ Association (POA) from July 2017-March 2021
- Vice President of JIPMER Alumni Association (JAA)
- Member of JIPMER Innovation Facilitation Unit (JIFU)
- Member of JIPMER Quality Council
- Scientific Committee member of JIPMER Research Day from 2015 to 2020
- Member of Pw D (Persons with disability)committee
Glaucoma & Cataract, Refractive Surgery