Dr. Sandhiya S
Dr. Sandhiya Selvarajan
Additional Professor & Head
Medical Registration number:
MD, DNB, DM (Clinical Pharmacology), MNAMS
Special Area of Interest:
Evidence based personalized therapy
- Narayanan N, Palui R, Merugu C, Kar SS, Kamalanathan S, Sahoo J, et al. The Risk of Fractures in Primary Hyperparathyroidism: A Meta‐Analysis. JBMR plus. 2021;5:e10482.
- Sivagourounadin K, Rajendran P, Selvarajan S, Ganesapandian M. Agreement among different scales for causality assessment in drug-induced Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis. Current Drug Safety. 2021 Jun 11.
- Selvarajan S, Srinivasan A, Surendran D, Mathaiyan J, Kamalanathan S. Association of genetic polymorphisms in vitamin D receptor (ApaI, TaqI and FokI) with vitamin D and glycemic status in type 2 diabetes patients from Southern India. Drug metabolism and personalized therapy. 2021 Mar 17.
- Kamalanathan S, Das S, Srinivasan A, Anandabaskar N, Sahoo J, Selvarajan S. Effect of vitamin D on arterial stiffness in type 2 diabetes patients with intermediate chronic kidney disease. International Journal of Diabetes in Developing Countries. 2021:1-9.
- Palui R, Das RR, Roy A, Kamalanathan S, Kar SS, Sahoo J, et al. Parathyroid hormone replacement versus oral calcium and active vitamin D supplementation in hypoparathyroidism: A meta-analysis. Indian J Endocr Metab 2020;24:206-14.
- Thakkar DN, Ramasamy K, Adithan S, Selvarajan S, Dubashi B. Frequency and risk factors of bleomycin-induced pulmonary toxicity in South Indian patients with germ-cell tumors. Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics. 2021;17:443.
- Ghosh A, Das S, Behera SK, Ramakrishnan K, Selvarajan S, Kandasamy P, Nair NS. Atomoxetine Does Not Improve Complex Attention in Idiopathic Parkinson’s Disease Patients with Cognitive Deficits: A Meta-Analysis. Parkinson’s Disease. 2020;2020.
- Thakkar DN, Prapath I, Adithan S, Ramasamy K, Selvarajan S, Dubashi B. Variants in XPC, Noxa and TLR4 genes are not associated with bleomycin-induced lung injury in Hodgkin lymphoma patients. Personalized medicine. 2020;17:203-12.
- Mony A, Chandrashekar L, Rajappa M, Munisamy M, Sahoo JP, Selvarajan S. Effect of vitamin D supplementation on clinical outcome and biochemical profile in South Indian population with vitamin D-deficient chronic urticarial - A randomized double-blind placebo controlled trial. Clin Chim Acta. 2020;504:1-6.
- Rajaram M, Selvarajan S, Neelamegan R, Kamalanathan S, Gunaseelan V, Xavier AS, Das S, Karthikeyan V, Saka V, Chandrasekaran A. Effects of genetic polymorphisms in Vitamin D metabolic pathway on Vitamin D level and asthma control in South Indian patients with bronchial asthma. Lung India. 2019;36(6):483-491.
- Srinivasan A, Selvarajan S, Kamalanathan S, Kadhiravan T, Prasanna Lakshmi NC, Adithan S. Effect of Curcuma longa on vascular function in native Tamilians with type 2 diabetes mellitus: A randomized, double-blind, parallel arm,placebo-controlled trial. Phytother Res. 2019 doi: 10.1002/ptr.6381. [Epub ahead of print]
- Stanley Xavier A, Selvarajan S, Chandrasekar L, Kamalanathan S. Effect of Cholecalciferol Supplementation on Treatment Response and IL-10 Level in Vitamin D Deficient Parthenium Dermatitis Patients: A Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Trial. J Diet Suppl. 2019:1-14. doi:10.1080/19390211.2019.1619009. [Epub ahead of print]
- Das S, Behera SK, Ramakrishnan K, Ganesapandian M, Munuswamy H, Selvarajan S. A complex interaction between antitubercular treatment and acenocoumarol. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2020;76:133-5.
- Selvarajan S, Manohar H, Das S, Sakkarabani P, Kandasamy P. Lithium prophylaxis in early-onset Bipolar disorder: a descriptive study. Asian journal of psychiatry. 2019; 44:172-4.
- Behera SK, Das S, Xavier AS, Selvarajan S, Anandabaskar N. Indian Council of Medical Research's National Ethical Guidelines for biomedical and health research involving human participants: The way forward from 2006 to 2017. Perspectives in clinical research. 2019 ;10:108.
- Sapan Kumar Behera, Saibal Das, Alphienes Stanley Xavier, Srinivas Velupula, Selvarajan Sandhiya. Comparison of different methods for causality assessment of adverse drug reactions. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacy.2018.
- Dimpal N. Thakkar, Sreenivasulu Palugulla, Sandhiya Selvarajan, Biswajit Dubashi. Frequency distribution of BLMH, XPO5 and HFE gene polymorphisms in the South Indian population and their association with Hodgkin Lymphoma. The International Journal of Biological Markers. 2018;1–6.
- Behera SK, Das S, Xavier AS, Selvarajan S. DRESS syndrome: a detailed insight. Hosp Pract (1995). 2018 Mar 15:1-11. doi: 10.1080/21548331.2018.1451205. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 29519170.
- Behera SK, Xavier AS, Selvarajan S, Munuswamy H, Haridasan S, Srinivas BH. Acenocoumarol As An Alternative Anticoagulant In A Patient With Warfarin Related Nephropathy. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2018 Feb 8. doi: 10.1111/bcp.13541. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 29424022.(Case report)
- Behera SK, Xavier AS, Gunaseelan V, Ravindra BK, Selvarajan S*, Chandrasekaran A, et al. Drug information center as referral service in a South Indian tertiary care hospital. Int J Pharma Investig 2017;7:182-7.
- Saibal Das, Sapan K. Behera, Alphienes S. Xavier, Srinivas Velupula, Steven A. Dkhar, Sandhiya Selvarajan*. Agreement Among Different Scales for Causality Assessment in Drug-Induced Liver Injury. Clin Drug Investig (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40261-017-0601-5
- Selvarajan S, Gunaseelan V, Anandabaskar N, Xavier AS, Srinivasamurthy S, Kamalanathan SK, Sahoo JP. Systematic Review on Vitamin D Level in Apparently Healthy Indian Population and Analysis of Its Associated Factors. Indian J Endocr Metab 2017;21:765-75.
- Dimpal N Thakkar, Sunitha Kodidela, Selvarajan Sandhiya, Biswajit Dubashi,Steven Aibor Dkhar. A Polymorphism Located Near PMAIP1/Noxa Gene Influences Susceptibility to Hodgkin Lymphoma Development in South India. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 2017;18 (9), 2477-2483.
- Chemotherapy Induced Adverse Drug Reactions in Cancer Patients in a Tertiary Care Hospital in South India. Sapan Kumar Behera, Chenchu Reddy Kishtapati, Vikneswaran Gunaseelan, Biswajit Dubashi, Adithan Chandrasekaran, Sandhiya Selvarajan. J Young Pharm, 2017; 9(4): 588-592.
- Ganesan S, Sandhiya S, Reddy KC, Subrahmanyam DK, Adithan C. The impact of the educational intervention on knowledge, attitude, and practice of pharmacovigilance toward adverse drug reactions reporting among health-care professionals in a Tertiary Care Hospital in South India. J Nat Sc Biol Med 2017;8:203-9.
- Aparna Jacob, Kumari M.J, Sandhiya Selvarajan. Effectiveness of structured teaching program on knowledge of pharmacovigilance among the patients in JIPMER, Puducherry. International Journal of Recent Scientific Research. 2017;8: 18212-18215.
- Anandabaskar N, Selvarajan S, Dkhar SA, Kamalanathan SK, Tamilarasu K4, Bobby Z. Effect of Vitamin D Supplementation on Vascular Functions and Oxidative Stress in Type 2 Diabetic Patients with Vitamin D Deficiency.Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2017 Jul-Aug;21(4):555-563. doi: 10.4103/ijem.IJEM_140_17.
- Melvin George,Vickneshwaran V,Nishanthi Anandabaskar,Santhosh Satheesh,Bobby Zachariah, Sandhiya Selvarajan, Balachander Jayaraman,Adithan Chandransekaran. Effect of Nebivolol on Endothelial Dysfunction in Coronary Artery Disease Patients -An Open Label Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial (NEDCAD). J. Cardiovasc.Dis.Res,2017;8(2):42-45.
- Subramaniyan Ganesan, Selvarajan Sandhiya, Kishtapati Chenchu Reddy, D. K. Subrahmanyam, Chandrasekaran Adithan. The Impact of the Educational Intervention on Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice of Pharmacovigilance toward Adverse Drug Reactions Reporting among Health-care Professionals in a Tertiary Care Hospital in South India. J Nat Sci Biol Med. 2017;8: 203–209.doi: 10.4103/0976-9668.210014.PMCID: PMC5523529
- Paul AA, Dkhar SA, Kamalanathan S, Thabah MM, George M, Chandrasekaran I, Gunaseelan V, Selvarajan S. Effect of metformin on exercise capacity in metabolic syndrome. Diabetes Metab Syndr. 2017 Mar 6. pii: S1871-4021(17)30001-2. doi:10.1016/j.dsx.2017.03.025. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28283393
- Revathy N, Adithan C, Vinod Kumar S, Kadhiravan T, Sandhiya S, Manju R. Clinical utility of Fractional exhaled Nitric Oxide (FeNO) as a biomarker to predict severity of disease and response to Inhaled Corticosteroid (ICS) in Tamil patients with bronchial asthma. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016,10: FC01-FC06.
- Additional Professor & Head, Dept of Clinical pharmacology
- Member Secretary - Institutional Ethics Committee (Interventional studies)
- Member Secretary - Institutional Committee for stem cell research (IC-SCR)
- Co-ordinator, ADR monitoring centre
- In-charge and Principal Project Lead: ICMR-INTENT Advanced Centre for Clinical Trials (ACCT)