Dr. KT Harichandrakumar
Dr. KT Harichandrakumar
M.Sc. PGDCA, Ph.D.
- Bulletin Correspondent of International Biometric Society Indian Region
- General Council member of Indian Society for Medical Statistics
- Associated with several Research Projects in various specialities of Medicine
- Associated with several postgraduate dissertations (DM/MCh/MD/MS) as its co-guide and guide for many MSc Biostatistics dissertations
- Associated with several PhD theses as its co-guide
- Delivered about 150 invited talks on various topics of Research methodology and Biostatistics
- Published 80 papers in various International and National Journals
- Published 3 chapters in books
- Presented 50 papers in various international and national conferences
- Member of the DSMB’s
- Conducted several Research Methodology and Biostatistics training programmes at National International level institutes
- Reviewer of Many Journals
- Resource Person for various training programs and training conducted by Dept. of Biostatistics and Department of Medical Education, JIPMER.
- Resource Person in the workshop on Sample Size Estimation in Health Research (SSE-2022) conducted by Dept. of Biostatistics and Division of Research, JIPMER.
- Resource Person in the workshop on Statistical Methods in Design and Analysis of Observational Studies in Clinical Research (SMEDAOS-2022) conducted by Dept. of Biostatistics and Division of Research, JIPMER.
Academic and Other Experiences
Special Area of Interest:
Quantitative epidemiology of disease, Disease Burden Estimation (DALY, QALY, QALE), Health-Related Quality of Life Studies,
Monitoring and evaluation of disease intervention programs, large-scale surveys, Structural Equations Modelling, Statistical Modelling, Multivariate Analysis and Clinical Trials.
- Joint Co-ordinator for JIPMER Research Leadership Mentoring Programme
- Coordinator of the Biostatistics component in the Orientation Programs
- Coordinator of short courses in Biostatistics
- Coordinator of the workshop on Biostatistics for Undergraduate students.
- Course Coordinator of the Short Courses in Biostatistics for residents conducted during 2016
- Organising secretary of International Biometric Society East Asia Regional Conference in 2018
- Organising Vice Chairman of the Statclave 2021
- Organising secretary of the national Level workshop on Sample Size Estimation in Health research in 2022
- Member of the Doctoral Committee of PhD students
- Member of the PG research monitoring committee of various departments
- Member of the JIPMER Scientific Advisory Committee.
- Member of the Nursing Research Monitoring Committee of the Institute.
- Member of Undergraduate Research Monitoring Committee (UGRMC)
- Member of the Institute Sponsored Clinical Trial Committee
- Member of the Institute Sponsored Clinical Trail Committee
- Class coordinator for Biostatistics classes for different courses
- Examiner for Biostatistics.
- Nodal Officer of MSc Biostatistics course
- Resource Person for various training programs conducted by the department and Institute
Structural Equation modeling, Path analysis
National and International level recognition:
- Bulletin Editor, IBS – IR