Public Relations Office
E-mail Id : projipmer[at]gmail[dot]com
Mobile : +91 78670 863 39
Phone : 0413-2296524
The Public Relations Office communicates with the General Public through various Press, Media & Social Media platforms on welfare measures, awareness messages and hospital functioning related issues. It liaises with the offices of Director, Medical Superintendent and Dean JIPMER for all concerned issues. Also, it does liaising with all the departments for communication with public and media.
Activities during 2021-2022:
PRO office works for smooth and efficient media and press networking in all concerned matters related to JIPMER. The following are the areas of functioning:
- Helping the general public queries through the JIPMER Help line on daily basis.
- Coordinating and arranging interviews of doctors regarding health issues & awareness programs.
- More than 50 sessions of Covid Awareness Programmes and Health Awareness Programmes Conducted by JIPMER in Doordarshan and All India Radio, Pondicherry.
- Authentication & Documentation of Press releases from JIPMER.
- Documentation of JIPMER related News published in the Press & Media.
- Maintaining the JIPMER News platform in the JIPMER official website.
Officer-In-Charge, Public Relations Office: Dr. S. Suresh Kumar, Professor, Department of Surgery
Public Relations Officer: Dr. R. Devan, General Duty Medical Officer, Dept. of SSHC (Staff Clinic)
DEO: Mrs. D. Jothi, Data Entry Operator
09.00 AM – 04.30 PM (On all working days)
09.00 AM – 01.00 PM (Saturday)