Dr. Nonika Rajkumari
Dr. Nonika Rajkumari
Medical Registration number:
11-10483 (MCI, Delhi, 2011)
MBBS, MD (Microbiology)
Special Area of Interest:
Helminths and protozoal diseases, especially coccidian parasites, parasitic infections in the immunocompromised population and soil transmitted helminths.
She is also working on vector borne infections like malaria, Babesia etc esp on their therapeutic aspects and drug resistance.
- Das S, Rajkumari N, Revathi U, Gururajan A. Comparision of the various routine diagnostic modalities of malaria and a new method: the Parasight™ J Parasitic Dis 2020;44(3): 528-35
- Ulaganeethi R, Rajkumari N, Gururajan A, Gunalan A, Langbang D, Kumar G. Intestinal parasitic infections and its trends: a 5-year findings from a tertiary care centre, Puducherry, south India. J Parasitic Dis https://doi.org/10.1007/s12639-020-01310-9
- Dandapani S, Rajkumari N, Gopichand P. Comparison of detection of Giardia lamblia and Entamoeba histolytica using microscopy and antigen detection rapid cards in patients with diarrhea. J Gastrointest Infect 2020;10(1):3-6
- Rajkumari N, Anantabolta VM, Langbang D, Raja MK, Sivarajdy M. Seroprevalence of Human Cysticercosis in a Tertiary Care Center in South India. Int J Curr Microbiol App Sci 2020;9(8):1-8
- Gunalan A, Mugunthan M, Rajkumari N, Jayan G. Trends of Entamoeba histolytica infections in a tertiary care hospital of south India – a three year perspective study. Acta Sci Microbiol 2020;3(10):38-41
- Das S, Rajkumari N, Cinnakali P. A comparative study assessing the effect of haematological and biochemical parameters on the pathogenesis of malaria. J Parasitic Dis 2019;43(4): 633-7
- Keloth T, Rajkumari N, Gochhait D, Gudivada V, Toi PC, Siddaraju N. Microfilaria and Strongyloides larva diagnosed in cerebrospinal fluid and ascitic fluid, respectively: Approach to their morphology on cytology. Diagn Cytopathol. 2019;47(10):1055-8.
- Anantabotla VM, Antony HA, Parija SC, Rajkumari N, Kini JR, Manipura R, et al. Polymorphisms in genes associated with drug resistance of Plasmodium vivax in India. Parasitol Int. 2019;70:92-97
- Agarwal RH., Rajkumari N, Chinnakali P, Padukone S, Langbang D. Distribution of Intestinal Parasitic Infestations in Various Rural and Urban Communities of Puducherry and Comparison of its Associated Risk Factors. Acta Sci Microbiol 2019;2: 53-9
- Padukone S, Mandal J, Rajkumari N, Bhat BV, Swaminathan RP, Parija SC : Detection of Blastocystis in clinical stool specimens using three different methods and morphological examination in Jones’ medium. Trop Parasitol. 2018;8(1):33-40.
- Kandasamy V, Rajkumari N, Parija SC, Chinnakali P, Negi VS. Profile of Helminthic Infections in Patients Attending a Tertiary Care Hospital with Emphasis on Immunocompromised Patients. J Global Infect Dis 2017; 9:87-9
- Kumar M, Rajkumari N, Mandal J, Parija SC. A case report of an uncommon parasitic infection of human balantidiasis. Trop Parasitol 2016;6:82-4
- Rajkumari N, Jayaseelan V. Burden of Intestinal Helminth Infection among School Going Children from A South-Asian Nation – Its Implications. Nat J Lab Med 2016;5: 6-11
- Rajkumari N. Epidemiology profile of “Babesia venatorum”. Lancet Infect Dis 2015; 15(8):877-8
- Rajkumari N, Kaur H, Roy A, Gupta N, Dhaliwal LK, Sethi S. Association of Mycoplasma genitalium with infertility in North Indian women. Indian J SexTransm Dis 2015;36(2):144-8
- Rajkumari N, Thanbuana BT, John NV, Gunjiyal J, Mathur P, Misra MC. A prospective look at the burden of sharps injuries and splashes among trauma health care workers in developing countries: True picture or tip of iceberg. Injury 2014;45:1470-78
- Rajkumari N, Sharma K, Mathur P, Kumar S, Gupta A. A prospective look at the impact of surgical site infections after trauma surgeries in developing countries and their outcomes. Indian J Med Res 2014;140:691-4
- Rajkumari N, Mathur P, Xess I, Misra MC. Distribution of different yeasts isolates among trauma patients and comparison of accuracy in identification of yeasts by automated method versus conventional methods for better use in low resource countries. Indian J Med Microbiol 2014;32(4):391-97
- Rajkumari N, Gupta AK, Mathur P, Trikha V, Sharma V, Farooque K, Misra MCOutcomes of surgical site infections in orthopedic trauma surgeries in developing countries: Pitfalls in health care. J Postgrad Med 2014;60:245-60
- Rajkumari N, Mathur P, Sharma S, Gupta B, Bhoi S, Misra MC. Procalcitonin as a predictor of sepsis and outcome in severe trauma patients: A prospective study. J Lab Physicians2013;5:100-8.
- Member of the annual report committee (2017 till date),
- Member of the NABH accreditation committee (2018 till date),
- Dept nominee for the Kaya Kalp team (2017 till date),
- institute faculty in charge of the JIPMER Animal facility renovation(2016 till date) ,
- Inspection officer of the Institute condemnation committee (for Depts. of Biochemistry and Pathology) (2018 till date)
- She is also an alternate member of the Institute Ethics Committee for Observational studies for the period 2019 – 2022.
- She is a member of the experts’ panel for the upgradation of the Department of Parasitic Diseases, NCDC, New Delhi (2019 till date)
- The joint managing editor of Tropical Parasitology, official journal of IATP (2017 till date)
- Also, being an academician, she is conducting training programs and lectures in Parasitology as a team lead for the GHHM course of the Royal College of Physicians, UK for the Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene as a part of JIPMERMSF (South Asia) initiative besides others (2020 till date)