Dr. Anusha Cherian
MD, DNB, EDIC
1. Cherian A, Badhe A, Low flow anaesthesia at a fixed flow rate. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2009; 53:1348-1353
2. Cherian A, Balachander H, Nagappa M, Rajagopal V. Bilateral vocal cord palsy following endotracheal intubation: A case report. J Clin Anesth.2010 Nov;22(7):562-4.
3. Murali P, Anusha Cherian, Pankaj Kundra. Hypothermia in a trauma victim: critical issues: review article. Ind. J.Trauma.Anaesth.Crit. Care 2008; Vol 9 No.1:699-705.
4. Anusha Cherian. Trigeminal Nerve Block. eMedicine from WebMD. Updated 6th July 2016. Available at http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/2040595-overview
5. Anusha Cherian. Maxillary Nerve Block. eMedicine from WebMD. Updated 5th July 2016. Available at http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/2040617-overview
6. Anusha Cherian. Mandibular Nerve Block. eMedicine from WebMD. Updated 5th July 2016. Available at http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/2040639-overview
7. Anusha Cherian. Local anesthesia of the airway.eMedicine from WebMD Updated March 27, 2014. Available at:http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/ 2040573 –overview
8. Cherian A, Bidkar PU. Acute coagulopathy of trauma: Mechanism, monitoring, management. World J Anesthesiol 2014; 3(1): 111-118 Available from: URL:http://www.wjgnet.com/22186182/full/v3/i1/111.htm DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5313/wja.v3.i1.111
9. Nalini KB, Anusha Cherian, Hemavathi Balachander, Yashavantha Kumar C. Comparison of propofol and ketamine versus propofol and fentanyl for puerperal sterilization, a randomized clinical trial. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2014 May, Vol-8(5): GC01-GC04 DOI: 10.7860/JCDR/2014/8144.4393
10. Mishra SK, Cherian A, Balchander H, Ashraf NC Position of bite block in size 1 laryngeal mask airway ProSeal™ and stability during insertion.. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol. 2014 Apr;30(2):288. doi: 10.4103/0970-9185.130113.
11. RC Valiveru, Maroju NK, K Srinivasan, A Cherian. Clinical audit system in implementing Surviving Sepsis Campaign guidelines in patients with peritonitis.Crit Care. 2014; 18: P30.
12. Kundra P, Cherian A. Simulation based learning: Indian perspective. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol 2014;30:457-8. (Editorial)
13. Kundra P, Cherian A. Simulation for evaluation and teaching Standard Operating Protocols. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol 2015;31:270-71
14. MS Khan, Kundra P., Cherian A , Noyal J, Sistla S. Epidemiology of nosocomial infections in an intensive care unit at a tertiary care hospital in southern India: a retrospective study. Int J Infect Control 2015, v11:i2 doi: 10.3396/IJIC.v11i2.016.15
15. Suhas P, Kundra P, Cherian A. Polyurethane cuffed versus conventional endotracheal tubes: Effect on ventilator-associated pneumonia rates and length of Intensive Care Unit stay. Indian J Anaesth. 2016 Mar;60(3):163
16. RC Valiveru, Maroju NK, K Srinivasan, Cherian A. Clinical audit system in implementing Surviving Sepsis Campaign guidelines in patients with peritonitis. Crit Care. 2014; 18: P30
17. Senthilnathan M, Velayudhan S, Cherian A, Kundra P Anaesthetic management of a pregnant woman with preeclampsia and Eisenmenger's syndrome: Role of advanced haemodynamic monitoring Indian J Anaesth. 2017 Apr;61(4):359-360
18. Ranjana V, Cherian A, Sakthirajan P. Changes in gas composition during low flows anesthesia without nitrous oxide. J Clin Diagn Res. 2017 Jul; 11(7): UC29–UC33. Published online 2017Jul1. doi: 10.7860/JCDR/2017/27141.10313
19. Senthilnathan M, Cherian A, Hemavathi B, Maroju NK Role of methylene blue in the maintenance of post induction hemodynamic status in patients with perforation peritonitis: A pilot study Anesth Essays Res. 2017 Jul-Sep; 11(3): 665–669. doi: 10.4103/0259-1162.206854
20. Arasu M, Swaminathan N, Cherian A, et alProne ventilation in a pregnant patient with scrub typhus-induced acute respiratory distress syndrome BMJ Case Reports CP 2021;14:e242870.
21. Jose JM, Cherian A, Bidkar PU, Mohan VK. The agreement between arterial and venous lactate in patients with sepsis. Int J Clin Pract. 2021 Apr 30:e14296. doi: 10.1111/ijcp.14296. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33928730
22. Lakshmi VS, Cherian A, Adole P. Procalcitonin Assay Has No Role in the Routine Assessment of Severe Trauma Patients at Admission to the Emergency Department. Cureus. 2021;13(7):e16228. Published 2021 Jul 7. doi:10.7759/cureus.16228
23. Valiveru RC, Cherian A, Srinivasan K, Maroju NK. Use of a Clinical Audit System in Implementing Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines in Patients With Peritonitis. Cureus. 2021;13(6):e15961. Published 2021 Jun 27. doi:10.7759/cureus.15961
24. Makireddy R, Cherian A, Elakkumanan LB, Bidkar PU, Kundra P. Correlation between correctly sized uncuffed endotracheal tube and ultrasonographically determined subglottic diameter in paediatric population. Indian J Anaesth 2020;64:103-8
25. Chowdhury SS, Sastry AS, Sureshkumar S, Cherian A, Sistla S, Rajashekar D. The impact of antimicrobial stewardship programme on regulating the policy adherence and antimicrobial usage in selected intensive care units in a tertiary care center - A prospective interventional study. Indian J Med Microbiol 2020;38:362-70
26. Preethi, J., Bidkar, P.U., Cherian, A. et al. Comparison of total intravenous anesthesia vs. inhalational anesthesia on brain relaxation, intracranial pressure, and hemodynamics in patients with acute subdural hematoma undergoing emergency craniotomy: a randomized control trial. Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg (2019) doi:10.1007/s00068-019-01249-4
27. Sivakumar RK, Panneerselvam S, Cherian A, Rudingwa P, Menon J. Perineural vs. intravenous dexmedetomidine as an adjunct to bupivacaine in ultrasound guided fascia iliaca compartment block for femur surgeries: A randomised control trial. Indian J Anaesth 2018;62:851-7
28. Prakash SS, Rajshekar D, Cherian A, Sastry AS. Care bundle approach to reduce device-associated infections in a tertiary care teaching hospital, South India. J Lab Physicians 2017;9:273-8
29. Cherian A, Jha AK, Nagabhushanam Padala SR, Senthilnathan M. Unusual complications of spontaneous pneumomediastinum and subcutaneous emphysema in patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection: A case report, Indian J Anaesth 2021; 65:483-6.
30. Cherian A., Kundra P. Ultrasound imaging of the airway and its applications. Airway 2018; 1:17-24
31. Chapter in a text book: Kundra P., Anusha Cherian. Peripheral Nerve blocks. In: David Brown, Nelson, Banerjee, Anantharaman (eds) Textbook of Emergency Medicine. Vol ½. Delhi: Wolters Kluwer Health, 2012. Textbook of Emergency Medicine - Vol. 1 & 2