Dr. Anandhi A
Dr. Anandhi A
Medical Registration number:
TUESDAY , 8 am to 4 pm surgery OPD
M.S.,FMAS, FIAGES, Dip.Lap., EFIAGES, FAIS, FICS, FALS, FISCP
Special Area of Interest:
Laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgery with special interest in upper gastrointestinal surgery
- Amaranathan A, Dharanipragada K, Lakshminarayanan S. Medical students’ perception of the educational environment in a tertiary care teaching hospital in India. Natl Med J India 2018; 31(4):231–236.
- Amaranathan A, Sahoo AK, Barathi D, et al. Retroperitoneal Necrotizing Fasciitis Masquerading as Perianal Abscess - Rare and Perilous. Cureus 2017; 9(1):e982.
- Muthusami A, Mohsina S, Sureshkumar S, et al. Efficacy and Feasibility of Objective Structured Clinical Examination in the Internal Assessment for Surgery Postgraduates. J Surg Educ 2017; 74(3):398–405.
- Mehta N, Amaranathan A, Jayapal L, et al. Effect of Comprehensive Surgical Safety System on Patients’ Outcome: A Prospective Clinical Study. Cureus 2018; 10(5):e2601.
- Sureshkumar S, Jubel K, Ali MS, et al. Comparing Surgical Site Infection and Scar Cosmesis Between Conventional Linear Skin Closure Versus Purse-string Skin Closure in Stoma Reversal - A Randomized Controlled Trial. Cureus 2018; 10(2):e2181.
- Jayapala Reddy V, Sureshkumar S, Vijayakumar C, et al. Concurrent Chemoradiation Affects the Clinical Outcome of Small Bowel Complications Following Pelvic Irradiation: Prospective Observational Study from a Regional Cancer Center. Cureus 2018; 10(3):e2317.
- Suresh A, Chinnakkulam Kandhasamy S, Sahoo AK, et al. A Masquerading and Unconventional Cause of Dynamic Intestinal Obstruction: Strangulated Obturator Hernia. Cureus 2018; 10(1):e2124.
- Biswas R, K D, Sistla S, et al. Clostridium perfringens - A bacterial pathogen gaining recognition in necrotizing pancreatitis. Anaerobe 2017; 47:111–114.
- Korukonda S, Amaranathan A, Ramakrishnaiah VPN. Laparoscopic versus Open Repair of Para-Umbilical Hernia- A Prospective Comparative Study of Short Term Outcomes. J Clin Diagn Res 2017; 11(8):PC22–PC24.
- Sakthivel H, Sahoo AK, Amaranathan A, et al. A Surgical Conundrum in Feeding Jejunostomy–Jejunojejunal Intussusception: A Case Series. Cureus; 10(2). DOI: 10.7759/cureus.2233.
- Rajan S, Amaranathan A, Lakshminarayanan S, et al. Appropriateness of American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Guidelines for Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: A Prospective Analytical Study. Cureus 2019; 11(2):e4062.
- Kumar M, Kandhasamy SC, Sahoo AK, et al. Pigtail catheter drainage and surgery in severe acute pancreatitis. JGH Open; 0(0). DOI: 10.1002/jgh3.12182.
- Thirupathaiah K, Jayapal L, Amaranathan A, et al. The Association Between Helicobacter Pylori and Perforated Gastroduodenal Ulcer. Cureus; 12(3). DOI: 10.7759/cureus.7406.
- Sakthivel H, Sahoo AK, Chinnakkulam Kandhasamy S, et al. Comparison of Endoscopic Variceal Ligation with Endoscopic Sclerotherapy for Secondary Prophylaxis of Variceal Hemorrhage: A Randomized Trial. Cureus; 10(7). DOI: 10.7759/cureus.2977.
- Chandrasekhar V, Sureshkumar S, Manwar AS, et al. Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Compared to Petrolatum Gauze and a Bogota Bag to Manage Postoperative Midline Abdominal Wound Dehiscence: A Pilot, Nonrandomized Controlled Trial. Wound Manag Prev 2020; 66(5):38–45.
- Amith S, Rajesh BS, Dutta S, et al. Sporadic bilateral carotid body paragangliomas. BMJ Case Reports CP 2020; 13(8):e237668.
- Sureshkumar S, Omang A, Anandhi A, et al. Efficacy of Pregabalin and Antioxidants Combination in Reducing Pain in Chronic Pancreatitis: A Double Blind Randomized Trial. Dig Dis Sci. Epub ahead of print 18 November 2020. DOI: 10.1007/s10620-020-06711-7.
- Jayanth KS, Balamurugan S, Sureshkumar S, et al. Xanthogranulomatous adrenalitis masquerading as a functioning adrenocortical malignancy: a case report. Tumori 2020; 106(6):NP84–NP88.
- Sathoo S, Nachiappan DS, Sureshkumar S, et al. A qualitative exploratory study of delay in the presentation of gastrointestinal cancer. Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care 2021; 10(1):278.
- Sureshkumar S, Nachiappan DS, Anandhi A, et al. Postsplenectomy Prophylaxis—Changes and Challenges in the Adherence to Standard Vaccination Guidelines Over Ten Years. Indian J Surg. Epub ahead of print 18 May 2021. DOI: 10.1007/s12262-021-02948-2.
- Tajudeen M, Dutta S, Bheemanathi S, et al. Pictorial essay on a case of giant retroperitoneal liposarcoma. BMJ Case Reports CP 2020; 13(12):e237607.
- Samy AM, Anandhi A, Sreenath GS, et al. Effect of perineural bupivacaine infiltration on reducing inguinodynia in patients undergoing inguinal meshplasty - a randomized controlled trial. Acta Chir Belg 2021; :1–7.
- Aaron DJ, Anandhi A, Sreenath GS, et al. Serial estimation of serum C-reactive protein and procalcitonin for early detection of anastomotic leak after elective intestinal surgeries: a prospective cohort study. Turk J Surg 2021; 37(1):022–027.
- Rai A, Anandhi A, Sureshkumar S, et al. Hunger-Based Versus Conventional Oral Feeding in Moderate and Severe Acute Pancreatitis: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Dig Dis Sci. Epub ahead of print 30 April 2021. DOI: 10.1007/s10620-021-06992-6.
- Kevin A, Anandhi A, Lakshminarayanan S, et al. Association between serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D level and gastric adenocarcinoma – a cross sectional study. Gastroenterology Rev 2020; 16(2):155–160.
- Chaudhari K, Gurushankari B, Rajkumari N, et al. Pulmonary cryptosporidiosis in a case of adenocarcinoma of stomach: A rare case report. Tropical Parasitology 2021; 11(1):53.
- Das U, Anandhi A, Sureshkumar S, et al. Procalcitonin and C-Reactive Protein as an Early Predictor of Infection in Elective Gastrointestinal Cancer Surgery-a Prospective Observational Study. J Gastrointest Cancer. Epub ahead of print 30 July 2021. DOI: 10.1007/s12029-021-00661-7.
- Gurushankari B, Sureshkumar S, Anandhi A, et al. Acute Gastric Dilatation Leading to Ischemic Necrosis. Sultan Qaboos Univ Med J 2021; 21(3):504–506.
- Ashuvanth S, Anandhi A, Sureshkumar S. Validation of ventral hernia risk score in predicting surgical site infections. Hernia. Epub ahead of print 20 January 2022. DOI: 10.1007/s10029-021-02537-y.
Ongoing research :
- Effects of probiotics on the clinical outcome and inflammatory response in gastric cancer surgery: A double blinded placebo controlled randomized control trial.
- Prophylactic Negative Pressure Wound Therapy in reducing surgical site infections in closed abdominal incision. - A randomized controlled trial
- Effect of preoperative oral carbohydrate loading on postoperative insulin resistance, perceived well being and surgical outcome in elective colorectal surgery- A randomized controlled trial
Treasurer of JIPMER Scientific Society (2022)
Upper gastrointestinal clinic on Tuesdays