Department of Dentistry (JIPMER, Karaikal)
- To be recognized as a center of excellence in the field of dentistry and allied specialties with focus on evidence based practice.
- To promote and support education/research at two levels – individual patient level care and community level care, in the field of dentistry.
- To deliver quality, safe and equitable care for all.
- To establish postgraduate courses, doctoral/post-doctoral fellowships and to conduct professional development training in the field of dentistry and maxillofacial surgery.
- To collaborate with other specialties including basic/clinical sciences and other technical institutes in the region and with other institutes of national importance.
- Integration of oral and general health at community level.
The Department of Dentistry aims to spread oral health and oral hygiene awareness among the population at Karaikal and nearby regions. Over years, it envisions to focus on prevention, awareness and management of wide variety of orofacial diseases (benign and malignant), dental disorders, maxillofacial trauma, and facial deformities growing into a referral centre for whole spectrum of maxillofacial issues in the region. At present, Department of Dentistry, JIPMER (Karaikal), serves in consulting role with Department of Dentistry, General Hospital, Karaikal and is involved in teaching programmes for MBBS students.,
Department of Dentistry,
Karaikal, Puducherry – 609602
Contact details: Akilesh. R, Officer In-Charge (Dentistry)Last Updated :19-Nov-2020