The Department of Pathology started way back at the inception of JIPMER, Karaikal in July 2016. The department is the brainchild of Dr N Siddaraju, Professor senior scale, Department of Pathology, JIPMER Puducherry. Over the years it has developed into a multidisciplinary department with a well-developed undergraduate teaching under the able guidance of Dr Balamurugan M from 31st July 2017 along with Dr. Aruna P (Assistant Professor) and Sukanya J S (Senior Resident). The department has played a major role in the patient care by providing the basic essential in-patient and out-patient laboratory services to Karaikal GH.
- The department offers undergraduate training for MBBS students.
- Department of Pathology, 2nd floor, Kalam Campus, JIPMER KARAIKAL, Karaikal – 609 602.
- Department E mail ID- pathologyjipmerkkl[at]gmail[dot]com
Proposed services to be provided:
- Routine H&E staining
- Histochemical stains
- Intra-operative frozen section
- Immunofluorescence (Direct & Indirect)
- Fine needle aspiration cytology
- Gynecological cytology – PAP smear
- Fluid cytology
- Urine cytology
Clinical Pathology & Hematology services
- Complete blood count
- Peripheral smear
- Semen analysis
- Coagulation studies
- Bone marrow aspiration & biopsy studies
Blood bank services with component separation and storage facilitiesLast Updated :22-Dec-2020