Dr. Vikram Kate
- Fellow of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers of Edinburgh.
- More than 200 publications in National and International journals. Author of 45 chapters in books.
- Member of the Research Committee of the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (SSAT), USA from May 2020-May 2023.
- Member on the Board of Research, (Ph.D., Post Doc, Fellowship, Certificate, and various grants) for Medical, Dental and Allied Health Sciences Faculties of the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, Maharashtra.
- Original work for the doctoral thesis on the role of Helicobacter pylori in upper GI disorders with special reference to complications of duodenal ulcer.
- Established correlation of H. pylori with recurrence of duodenal ulcer following simple closure of a perforated duodenal ulcer. That time the only study in world literature to document this on long term follow up. Published in the British Journal of Surgery.
- Prepared and standardized an easy to make, cheap and accurate test to detect H. pylori by the urease test. Published in the Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology.
- Role of quadruple, sequential therapy, concomitant therapy, hybrid therapy for H. pylori eradication in India.
- Established Classification of corrosive gastric strictures for therapeutic use.
- Sternocleidomastoid muscle myocutaneous flap for corrosive pharyngoesophageal strictures.
- Established the role of Adapted Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) pathway in emergency setting.
Dr Uday Kumbhar
- Effect of Trendelenburg’s operation with subfascial ligation of perforators in clinical improvement and quality of life among patients with varicose veins
- A national multi-centre observational case control study on the 30-day morbidity and mortality of abdominal surgical procedures in patients recovered from SARS CoV-2 infection: IAGES Collaborative Study
- Recurrence of inguinal hernia and its determinants among the patients undergone inguinal hernia surgery in a tertiary care health centre in South India.
- Stand-alone feeding jejunostomy- laparoscopic vs conventional open technique in patients with proximal alimentary tract malignancies: an open labelled randomized controlled trial.
- Effectiveness of Silk fibroin dressing compared to Saline dressing on wound healing in post-laparotomy patients with Superficial Surgical Site Infections – A single-blinded, parallel-arm, randomized control trial
Dr Nanda Kishore
- Surgical audits
- Radiomics in breast cancer
- Postgraduate Resident health & safety.
Dr. A. Anandhi
- Effects of probiotics on the clinical outcome and inflammatory response in gastric cancer surgery: A double blinded placebo controlled randomized control trial.
- Prophylactic Negative Pressure Wound Therapy in reducing surgical site infections in closed abdominal incision. - A randomized controlled trial
- Effect of preoperative oral carbohydrate loading on postoperative insulin resistance, perceived well being and surgical outcome in elective colorectal surgery- A randomized controlled trial
Dr. Elamurugan T P
- Comparative study of the serum Tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) levels in diabetic patients with and without foot infections.
Clinical utility of Serum Lysyl Pyridinoline level in the diagnosis of diabetic foot osteomyelitisJIP/IEC/2018/508 JIP/Res/Inramural/phs2/2019-20/61.
Nutritional risk assessment as a predictor of postoperative complications in patients undergoing elective andominal surgery
Development of panel of three-dimensional biomarkers to identify gastric carcinoma and pre-cancerous lesions of the stomach - An analytical cross-sectional study” JIP/Res/Inramural/sub com/20-21/113
Effect of Comprehensive Rehabilitation Program (CRP) on physical and psychological outcome of patients with Mastectomy at a Tertiary care center, South India – An open Randomized Controlled Trial. JIP/Res/Inramural/phs2/20-21/61
Bacteremia due to obligate anaerobes following large bowel surgery – a descriptive study JIP/Res/Inramural/phs2/2017-18/18
Dr. Raj Kumar N
- Incidence, predicting factors and post-operative outcomes of Paraaortic Lymph node metastases in patients with periampullary carcinoma undergoing Pancreaticoduodenectomy- Retrospective and prospective cohort study.
- Role of procalcitonin in guiding antimicrobial usage in acute pancreatitis – a randomized clinical trial
- Comparison of intraperitoneal nebulisation of ropivacaine versus intraperitoneal instillation of ropivacaine in decreasing post-operative pain in patients undergoing elective laparoscopic cholecystectomy- A single centre, parallel arm, double blinded, randomized control trial.
- Comparison of oral antibiotic bowel preparation with no bowel preparation in reducing surgical site infection in patients undergoing elective colorectal surgery: A Randomized control trial
- Early versus Conventional drain removal in reducing the overall post-operative morbidity in patients undergoing Pancreaticoduodenectomy procedure– A Randomized control trial.
- A comparative study of the clinical and microbiological characteristics of skin and soft tissue infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus between health care workers and non-health care workers.
- Comparison of Fat modified CT severity index with modified CT severity index in predicting the clinical severity and outcomes of patients with acute pancreatitis.
- Clinical outcomes of neoadjuvant chemoradiation using Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) in carcinoma rectum
- Comparison of the BISAP and Modified CTSI scores in Predicting the Severity of Acute Pancreatitis
- Effectiveness of the mechanical plus oral antibiotic bowel preparation (MOBP) versus mechanical bowel preparation (MBP) alone in patients undergoing elective colorectal surgery- A Randomized Control Trial.
- Quilting Vs Microfibrillar collagen hemostat in reducing the incidence of seroma after Modified radical mastectomy- A single center double blinded randomized control trial
- A Study on Prevalence of bactibilia in patients undergoing cholecystectomy for gall bladder diseases- An observational study
- Comparison of post-operative pain after gall bladder retrieval from epigastric Vs umbilical port in laparoscopic cholecystectomy among patients with gall stones- A randomized controlled trail.
- Comparison of Octreotide Vs placebo in bleeding esophageal varices of cirrhotic patients after endoscopic banding: A prospective double blinded randomized controlled interventional trial 2016-2018
- Assessment of acute toxicities in Uterine cervix cancer patients receiving chemoradiation.
- Comparison of methylene blue stained lymph nodal harvesting Vs unstained lymph nodal harvesting in colorectal specimen in staging colorectal cancer- A Randomized Controlled trail.
- A Study on Prevalence, Profile and Risk factors of Developing Fungal Infection in Diabetic foot Ulcer
- Diagnostic accuracy of qSOFA vs. SIRS in predicting adverse outcomes in patients with suspected sepsis presenting to surgical emergency.
- Compliance To Radiation Treatment in Esophageal Cancer Patients.
- Comparison between Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) levels in ascitic fluid in benign and malignant ascites; an observational, cross-sectional study
- Role of intra-operative touch imprint smear cytology for assessing resection margin positivity in gastrointestinal malignancies- a cross sectional study
- Prevalence of Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) and Ebstein Barr Virus (EBV) in gastric and gastro-esophageal cancers among patients attending a tertiary care hospital in South India -A cross-sectional analytical study.
- Association of Helicobacter pylori and its virulence genes with gastric cancer in Indian population–A case control study.
- Role of an audit in improving the completeness and clarity of informed consent obtained from patients undergoing emergency surgeries.
- Effectiveness of myofascial release compared to manual lymphatic drainage in reducing post-treatment morbidity among patients undergone breast cancer surgery and adjuvant radiotherapy-A double-blinded randomized controlled trial.
- Comparison of the efficacy of prophylactic intraoperative wound irrigation with 0.04% polyhexanide with 1% Povidone iodine and saline irrigation for preventing superficial surgical site infections in patients undergoing elective midline laparotomy -A double blinded randomized control trail.
- Comparison between Sutures, N-butyl-2cyanoacrylate and Self-gripping mesh in Lichtenstein Hernia repair- A multi arm randomized control trial
Reddy Abhinaya P
- Outcomes of colorectal cancer patients undergoing elective and emergency surgeries: a propensity score matching analysis
- Clinical profile and outcomes of Acute limb ischemia in COVID patients, in a tertiary care center: A prospective and retrospective cohort study.