DEPARTMENT OF Pulmonary Medicine
The department of Pulmonary medicine formerly known as department of tuberculosis and chest diseases has been in the institute since its inception. The department offers state of the art care and treatment to all strata of the society. With dedicated faculty and residents, the department services has benefitted thousands of patients. Currently there are six distinguished faculties each with a special area of interest and ten MD Fellows. The department has a thirty bedded ward with six high dependency unit beds and six intensive care unit beds for non tuberculosis patients and a separate six beds for treating TB as well as MDR-TB. The department also is actively involved in research in the fields of Tuberculosis, COPD,Asthma and ILD.
- Flexible bronchoscopy to perform procedures like bronchial washings, broncho alveolar lavage(BAL), Transbronchial needle aspiration, Transbronchial lung biopsy.
- Spirometry and diffusion capacity analysis(DLCO)
- Designated microscopy centre(DMC) under NTEP
- LEVEL 1 Polysomnography lab
- Endobronchial ultrasound to perform EBUS-TBNA
- A State of the art Bronchoscopy suite to perform bronchoscopy interventions
- The addition of body plethysmography and cardiorespiratory exercise testing for pulmonary function testing
- A multidisciplinary interstitial lung disease clinic for ILD with ICMR collaboration
- Multidisciplinary pulmonary rehabilitation for patients with chronic lung diseases
- Starting a fellowship in interventional pulmonology
- DM Pulmonary and Critical course
- Six bedded respiratory ICU