The Department of Orthopedic Surgery
The department of Orthopedic Surgery is functioning since the inception of JIPMER and has a distinction of producing many nationally and internationally renowned stalwarts in the field of orthopedic surgery over the years. The Department of Orthopedics at JIPMER, is one of the oldest and most established Orthopedic specialty Department in the country. We have an experienced, multitalented team of Orthopedic surgeons, comprising 16 specialists including 6 senior consultants/ Faculty (link to faculty) and 10 Senior residents. In addition we have a team of 24 resident doctors undergoing Masters training in the orthopedic specialty. We are all driven by the common goal of providing the best patient care in the most patient friendly environment. The Department manages a wide range of Orthopedic care. We offer a comprehensive service of consultation and treatment for individuals suffering from any musculoskeletal disorder, including Spine, Adult Reconstruction, Sports Medicine, Trauma, Musculoskeletal Tumor, Pediatric Orthopedics and Complex Deformity correction.
UNIT - I
- Dr. Jagidsh Menon, Professor
- Dr. Sandeep Kumar Nema, Assoc. Professor
- Dr. Prabu.M, Asst. Professor
UNIT - II
- Dr. Deep Sharma, Addl. Prof.
- Dr. Suresh Gandhi.B, Assoc. Prof.
- Dr. Pasupathy.P, Asst. Prof.
UNIT - III
- Dr. Gopisankar @Balaji, Addl. Prof. & Head
- Dr. Anand Kumar.R, Asst. Prof.
- Dr. Gipson Samuel.T
- Mr. S. Saravanakumar, Steno Gr.I
- Mr. KR Sivasubramaniam, Storekeeper
- Mr. V. Sarabalan, Medical Social Worker
- Mrs. Latha V. MTS
- Mr. Sunil Kumar, MTS
- Mr. Mohana Sundram.M Plaster Assistant
- Dr. Shashank.S
- Dr. Naresh Guguloth
- Dr. Sushma Chandrasekar
- Dr. Pavan .Ki