Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
GOALS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Delivery of Quality and Safe Patient care services in Obstetrics and Gynaecology:
- Reducing Maternal Morbidity and Mortality and Perinatal Morbidity and Mortality by providing
- Quality antenatal care adopting safe delivery practices and quality post-natal services.
- Promoting Family Planning and to prevent unwanted pregnancies by providing free and patient-friendly contraceptive methods
- To prevent morbidity and mortality due to Gynaecological malignancies by providing advanced evidence-based surgical practices
- Prevention of Gynaecological malignancies by ensuring timely screening and follow-up
- To improve quality of life in women suffering from Pelvic organ dysfunction and menstrual disorders and provide minimally invasive surgical options.
- Producing competent and skilled Primary care Graduates for the country:
By teaching evidence-based theoretical and clinical skills in Obstetrics and Gynaecology to MBBS students with the aim to make them deliver primary level care of managing pregnancy and normal delivery safely
- Producing Expert and Skilled Obstetricians and Gynaecologists for the Country:
By teaching evidence-based theory, clinical skills and operative skills to Postgraduates with the aim to make them expert caregivers in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Conducting Ethical and Quality Research to contribute to the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology:
By conducting research in the unexplored areas of Gynaecological Oncology, minimally invasive surgery, Fetal medicine, Obstetric medicine, Perinatal medicine, and Reproductive Medicine.
Last Updated: 02 July 2022