Departmental Research Projects:
- Attitude of Health Profession Teachers and Students towards E-learning
- ICT Usage pattern in learning activities among Medical and Paramedical students in Puducherry.
- Content Evaluation of Theory Question Papers in JIPMER.
- Critical Thinking Skills and Attitude Towards Critical Thinking Among the Interns in JIPMER
- A crossover randomized controlled trial comparing live lecture and lecture podcast
- Assessment of problem-solving skills of MBBS freshers
- Simulation-Based Medical Education
- ‘Trust’ as a variable in postgraduate medical education.
- Zayapragassarazan, Z; Kumar, S; Kadambari, D; Dineshkumar, V (2020): Effective Educational Practices in Health Profession Education (A Collection of Educational Projects Completed by NTTC Alumni from 2006 to 2013). figshare. Book. https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.12458423.v1
- Kadambari D, Santosh Kumar, Zayapragassarazan Z, Parija SC. 2018. Improving Discipline-Based Undergraduate Medical Curriculum: An Evidence-Informed Approach. Springer Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Arolsamy S & Zayapragassarazan Z. 2010. Teaching Skills and Strategies. New Delhi: Neelkamal Publications Pvt. Ltd.
- Shanmugapriya K, Seethalakshmi A, Zayapragassarazan Z, Rani NR. Mobile technology acceptance among undergraduate nursing students instructed by blended learning at selected educational institutions in South India. J Edu Health Promot 2023;12:45.
- Zayapragassarazan Z, Dharanipragada K. Forty-five years of faculty development: The experience of the National Teacher Training Centre, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, India. Int J Adv Med Health Res 2022;9:4-12. https://www.ijamhrjournal.org/article.asp?issn=2349- 4220;year=2022;volume=9;issue=1;spage=4;epage=12;aulast=Zayapragassarazan
- Kattimani S, Kujur A, Nagarajan P, Zayapragassarazan Z. Attitude toward plagiarism among postgraduate students of a medical institute in South India. J Psychiatry Spectr 2022;1:106-10.https://journals.lww.com/jops/Fulltext/2022/07000/Attitude_toward_Plagiarism_among_Postgraduate.8.aspx
- Zayapragassarazan Z, Bobby Z, Mohapatra D P, Remote assessment strategies in the post-COVID era of blended learning: Do they have a role?. J Educ Technol Health Sci 2022;9(1):26-28. https://doi.org/10.18231/j.jeths.2022.007
- Zayapragassarazan Z. The need for integrating social and behavioral sciences in the Indian medical curriculum. Int J Health Allied Sci 2021;10:311-5. https://www.ijhas.in/temp/IntJHealthAlliedSci104311-2217535_060935.pdf
- Zayapragassarazan Z, Mohapatra DP. Effective learner engagement strategies in visual presentations. J Educ Technol Health Sci 2021;8(1):2-11. http://doi.org/10.18231/j.jeths.2021.002
- Kumar S, Zayapragassarazan Z, Kadambari D. An evidence of group discussion and problem-solving skills in MBBS freshers: Implications and applications. J Adv Med Educ Prof. 2021 Jan;9(1):50-53. doi: 10.30476/jamp.2019.81219.0. PMID: 33521141; PMCID: PMC7846715.
- Zayapragassarazan Z. COVID-19: Strategies for Engaging Remote Learners in Medical Education. F1000Research 2020, 9:273 (strategy document) Available from: https://f1000research.com/documents/9-273
- Zayapragassarazan Z. COVID-19: Strategies for Online Engagement of Remote Learners. F1000Research 2020, 9:246 (strategy document). Available from: https://f1000research.com/documents/9-246
- Zayapragassarazan Z, Chacko TV. Interaction Analysis of FAIMER Mentor-Learner Web Online Collaborative Learning Session. Malays Online J Educ Technol. 2020 Apr 1;8(2):16-27. http://www.mojet.net/frontend//articles/pdf/v8i2/v08i2pdf.pdf
- Zayapragassarazan Z, Chacko TV. A gap analysis of critical thinking skills and attitude toward critical thinking among interns. Int J Health Allied Sci 2019;8:193-6. http://www.ijhas.in/temp/IntJHealthAlliedSci83193-2281914_062019.pdf
- Zayapragassarazan Z, Kumar S, Kadambari D. Record review of feedback of participants on attitude, ethics and communication module (AETCOM) proposed by Medical Council of India (MCI). Education in Medicine Journal. 2019;11(1):43–48. http://eduimed.usm.my/EIMJ20191101/EIMJ20191101_05.pdf
- Zayapragassarazan Z, Abhishekh B, Ponnusamy M, Nanda N, Dharanipragada K, Kumar S. Factors Influencing Medical Students in Choosing Medicine as a Career. Online J Health Allied Scs. 2018;17(4):5. https://www.ojhas.org/issue68/2018-4-5.html
- Kumar S, Zayapragassarazan Z, Kadambari D. Twin principles for need-based attendance policy in undergraduate medical educationKorean Journal of Medical Education. 2018;30(4):369-372. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6288622/
- Zayapragassarazan Z. Preparedness of Interns for Hospital Practice before and after an Orientation Programme. Asian Journal of Education and Training 2017; 3(2):105-109. http://www.asianonlinejournals.com/index.php/EDU/article/view/1120/pdf
- Zayapragassarazan Z, Vikas Menon, Sitanshu Sekar Kar, Gitanjali Batmanabane. Understanding Critical Thinking to Create Better Doctors. Journal of Advances in Medical Education & Research 2016; 1(2):9-13. https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED572834.pdf
- Zayapragassarazan Z. Urgent Need to Train Teachers and Students in First Aid and CPR. Education in Medicine Journal 2016; 8(2):89-92. http://eduimed.usm.my/EIMJ20160802/EIMJ20160802_10.pdf
- Zayapragassarazan Z, Kumar S. Awareness, knowledge, attitude and skills of telemedicine among health professional faculty working in teaching hospitals. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2016; 10:JC01-JC04. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4843285/
- Sivaraman G, Zayapragassarazan Z, Pradipta Kumar Parida, Sunil Kumar Saxena, Gopalakrishnan S, Mahalakshmy T. Using post-revision exam classes as a learning strategy. Education in Medicine Journal 2014; 6(1):e76. http://eduimed.usm.my/EIMJ20140601/EIMJ20140601_14.pdf
- Zayapragassarazan, Santosh Kumar, PH Ananthanarayanan, B. Vishnu Bhat, Latha Chaturvedula, D. Kadambari, B. Gitanjali, Debdutta Basu, R.P. Swaminathan, Sitanshu Sekhar Kar, S. Manikandan. Report on 66th national course on educational science for teachers of health professionals. Education in Medicine Journal 2013; 5(4):92. http://eduimed.usm.my/EIMJ20130504/EIMJ20130504_16.pdf
- Zayapragassarazan Z, Kumar S. Self Assessment of Training Needs of Telemedicine Staff – A Pilot Study. Indian Journal of Medical Informatics 2013; 7(3):124-129.
- Zayapragassarazan Z, Kumar S. Gagne’s nine instructional events for effective teaching. NTTC Bull 2013; 20(1): 3-5.
- Kumar S, Zayapragassarazan Z. Electives in graduate medical education. NTTC Bull 2013; 20(1): 2-3.
- Kumar S, Zayapragassarazan Z. Self directed learning in graduate medical curriculum. NTTC Bull 2012; 19(2): 2-3.
- Ganesan S, Mahalakshmy T, Zayapragassarazan Z, Parida PK, Sundaraj AN, Gopalakrishnan S. Perceptions of nursing students towards integrated methods of teaching the ENT clinical examination in south India. International Journal of Health & Allied Sciences 2012; 1:104-8. http://www.ijhas.in/temp/IntJHealthAlliedSci12104-8527839_022207.pdf
- Zayapragassarazan Z, Kumar.S. Active Learning Methods. NTTC Bull 2012; 19(1): 3-5.
- Kumar S, Zayapragassarazan Z. Early Clinical / Community Experience. NTTC Bull 2012; 19(1): 2-3.
- Kumar S, Zayapragassarazan Z. Miller’s Pyramid: The Basis for Change from Domain-Based to Competence-Based Assessment. NTTC Bull 2011; 18(2): 2-3.
- Zayapragassarazan Z, Kumar S. Emotional Intelligence and Medical Professionalism. NTTC Bull 2011; 18(2): 3-4.
- Medical Education - Principles and Practice - Second Edition - Medical Education – Principles and Practice – a reference book published by JIPMER NTTC Alumni Association and popular among the Medical Teachers is available for sale. Interested medical teachers and institutions may send a crossed DD for Rs.325/- (including postal charges) in favour of Alumni Association of NTTC, JIPMER, payable at SBI, Puducherry, towards the cost of a single book to Secretary, JIPMER NTTC Alumni Association, C/o. Dept. of Medical Education, JIPMER, Puducherry-605 006.
- Effective Educational Practices in Health Profession Education
(A collection of educational projects completed by
NTTC Alumni from 2006 to 2013) Download link: Click Here !
- Interns Orientation Programme Manual
Download link: Click Here!
- PG Orientation Programme Manual
Download link: Click Here!
- Tamil for Medicos Click Here!
- MEDUCON Abstract Book - link: Click here !
- NTTC Bulletin – Archives link: Click here !