DEPARTMENT OF BIOSTATISTICS
An independent full-fledged Department of Medical Biometrics and Informatics was established in the Institute in the year 2011. The department has been renamed as Department of Biostatistics in the year 2018. The department have been actively involved in teaching Research Methodology, Biostatistics and Demography to all Undergraduates; Postgraduate Medical & Paramedical students. Regular statistical consultations and guidance are provided to the postgraduate residents and students, faculty members, PhD scholars and staff in various departments of the institute. The department is conducting MSc. Course in Biostatistics and Doctoral Programme in Biostatistics. The department is also conducting regular training programs in Research Methodology and Biostatistics for the faculty, residents, research scholars and students. The faculty members of the department are also regularly participating as resource person in the various workshops and CMEs on research methodology, Biostatistics, systematic review and meta analysis etc. conducted by the national institutes.
- Support regular Biostatistics teaching requirements of the Institute.
- Train institute faculty and students in Research design, Research methods, and statistical methods required for their research projects.
- Provide consultation to faculty and students in Research design, Research methods and statistical methods during various stages of their research projects.
- Collaborate with faculty and students in their projects where specialized statistical and methodological input are required.
- Contribute statistical and methodological inputs to various committees and projects of the institute as and when required.
- Contribute to the National level Medical faculty research capacity building.
- Contribute to Biostatistics human resource capacity building.
- Contribute to the methodological development in Research design, statistical methods and analysis methods.
National and International level recognition
Department has been the secretariat of
- Indian Society for Medical Statistics (ISMS)
- International Biometric Society Indian region- IBS-IR