The Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, JIPMER, Karaikal has started functioning since June 2017. The faculties have been involved in teaching Forensic Medicine & Toxicology and imparting medico-legal knowledge to the Undergraduate students. The department is at its budding stage. The faculties are striving together with a vision of developing a modernized mortuary complex, a well-equipped research laboratory and establishing a Clinical Forensic Medicine Unit to benefit the population of Karaikal and nearby districts of Tamilnadu.
- Teaching Forensic Medicine to undergraduate students and training them to undertake Medico legal works in future. The students are being taught regularly through online platform in COVID-19 pandemic.
- Academic curriculum of undergraduates training: Theory & Practical aspects of Medical Jurisprudence, Forensic Pathology, Clinical Forensic Medicine, Forensic Science , Forensic Toxicology.
Official email id:
Dr. Kumaran M : kumaranm[dot]kkl[at]jipmer[dot]edu[dot]in
Dr.Shivakumar P : shivakumarp[dot]kkl[at]jipmer[dot]edu[dot]in
- Modern Mortuary complex
- Clinical Forensic medicine and other Medico legal services
- Poison information centre
- Well equipped Research laboratory