JIPMER Central Library
The Central Library, JIPMER was established in the year 1957 at the erstwhile Medical college Buildings at Puducherry. It was shifted to the Banting Hall, JIPMER in the Year 1964. The central Library was finally shifted to the present centrally air-conditioned building and continued functioning from January 12, 1973.
Eligible Users and Membership
Faculty, Students of JIPMER and other medical and para medical staff, retired faculty members, Students undertaking Project work in JIPMER upon collection of refundable caution Deposit. Short time permission to outsiders for few days for reference purpose is also considered at the discretion of the Officer-in-Charge.
Non-members of JIPMER are allowed to refer in the Central Library with the approval of Education Section of JIPMER. They will be given temporary pass to use the Central Library facilities.
Timings & Holidays
The Working Hours of the Central Library is from 9AM to 10PM and it is open round the year except national holidays and other seven festival holidays in a year.