The Department of Pharmacology in JIPMER Karaikal was started in the year 2017 with 50 students per batch. The department is currently contributing in teaching and research activities in the institute. The faculty, senior residents and tutors are involved in taking theory, practical, computer assisted learning activities to second year MBBS students and foundation courses for first year MBBS students.
Vision and Mission
- To train the UG students in the field of pharmacology, and drug prescribing practices.
- To provide patient care services related to pharmacology like therapeutic drug monitoring, pharmacogenomics, personalized medicine.
- To contribute significantly to research activities in preclinical studies, clinical trials, adverse drug reaction monitoring studies, cell culture studies
- The department trains second year MBBS students in both theoretical and practical aspects of pharmacology.
- Department of Pharmacology, Second floor, Kalam Campus, JIPMER, Karaikal – 609 602.
- Official Mail ID- pharmacologykaraikal[at]gmail[dot]com
- To provide patient care services related to pharmacology like therapeutic drug monitoring and personalized medicine
- To set up an adverse drug reaction- ADR monitoring unit, drug information center.