Important Information about Institute Ethics Committee (IEC)
- Institute Ethics Committee (IEC) meeting will be held last week of every month except vacation period (i.e May, June & December).
- Proposals can be submitted at any working day.
- All proposals received before 10th of every month will be included for the next IEC meeting.
- No separate circular will be sent inviting proposals for the IEC meeting.
- Proposal submission: a) Fresh proposal: (i) Regular IEC meeting: 15 copies + CD (ii) IEC subcommittee meeting: 5 copies + CD. (Proforma can be downloaded from JIPMER website) b) Resubmission: 5 copies + CD need to be submitted
- Annual report submission: 3 copies + CD need to be submitted every year, including project completion report. (Proforma can be downloaded from JIPMER website).
- Regular IEC meeting: This will consider all the proposals a) for extramural research grants b) for clinical trials – sponsored as well as academic c) involving more than minimal risk
- Subcommittee meeting: This will consider all M.D, M.S, Ph.D, D.M, M.Ch, M.Sc, Nursing Students, ICMR student projects, Fellowships research projects except clinical trials, proposals for extramural research grants & proposals involving more than minimal risk.
- Prior approval: IEC will consider only those proposals that are approved by JSAC, postgraduate committee, Ph.D doctoral committee, Clinical Trial Research Committee (CTRC) and other appropriate committees.
- Serious adverse events should be submitted to the IEC within 7 days.
- The composition of present Institute Ethics Committees (Regular and Subcommittee) is available at the JIPMER website.