Karyotyping (Chromosomal analysis)
- Karyotyping is done on regular basis upon referral from departments of pediatrics and Obstetrics and Gynecology and other departments
- Type of sample: Peripheral blood
- Equipment: Automated karyotyping system
The department is involved in processing karyotype on weekly basis. currently the department has shifted to the new premises of JIPMER academic centre and the laboratory is under restructuring.
- Type of reference for karytotyping
- Ambiguous genitalia
- developmental delays
- multiple congential anaomalies
- primary infertility
Funeral embalming is done for deceased person for transportion or for delayed funeral.
funeral embalming is done at the department with due permission from the administration.
For further assistance and details, please contact the department office