The nursing services started with the establishment of “Ecole de Medicine de Pondicherry” by the French government in the year 1823. In the year 1956 with the de facto transfer of Pondicherry, the medical college was taken over by the Indian government. The medical college was upgraded to a Regional Centre with the name of JIPMER on 13th July 1964.
Assistant Nursing Superintendent - 29
Sister Tutor - Nil
Nursing Sister - 180
Staff Nurses - 484
STATISTICS OF THE YEAR
- We have conducted Continuous Nursing Education (CNE) programme on Critical Care Nursing. The total number of nurses who attended the workshop was 40.
- Special training classes for OT nurses have been arranged by Ethicon (Johnson & Johnson company) about latest trends in suture materials and mesh and video conference about laparoscopic procedures. The nurses who attended this workshop were :
- Nursing Superintendents - 2
- Deputy Nursing Superintendents - 4
- Nursing Sister - 25
- Staff Nurses - 40
- Depute nursing personnel for CME on advances in Laparoscopic surgery, organized by Department of Surgical Gastroenterology.
- Deputed nurses for one day Induction Training programme for 3 staff nurses of STD & Gynecology Department conducted by Pondicherry AIDS Control Society twice.
- Deputed nurses for orientation programme regarding handling of Bio Medical Waste materials in wards and OPDs in NTTC seminar hall.
- Deputed nurses for the class regarding Nutrition in Neonates arranged by Nestle company in the department of Paediatrics. The total number of nurses who attended the class were 25.
- Deputed all nurses for fire safety orientation programme conducted in JIPMER.
- Deputed OT & ICU nurses to CMC Hospital, Vellore for training in surgical & post operative techniques in kidney transplantation.
- Deputed staff nurses along with the medical teams for conducting outreach health services in Karaikal for various departments.
- Deputed OT nurses for live operative workshop and CME on operative management of female stress urinary incontinence and genital prolapse organized by Johnson & Johnson company in the Department of Urology.
- Deputed OT nurses for advanced Laparoscopic surgical techniques in Chennai. The number of nurses who attended this one day programme was 20.
- Posted nurses for kidney transplantation programme in Departments of Urology and Nephrology.
- Deputed nurses for higher education like B.Sc. & M.Sc. nursing courses.
- Celebrated Nightingale day on 12th May 2011 with our nursing personnel.
OT nurses assisted Kidney Transplant Surgery.
Planning to conduct CNE Programme for nurses to update knowledge about latest trends in nursing services.