Best paper Award for JIPMER Faculty
Mr. K. Saravanan, Lecturer in Radiology (Medical Physics) received “Dr. Jagadesan best paper award” in the scientific session at the 18th State Annual Conference TN & PY Chapter on 19th October 2013 conducted by Department of Medical Physics, Anna University, Chennai & AMPI TN & PY Chapter. Authored by K. Saravanan, Dr. K. S. Reddy, Dr. N. Vivekanandan, Dr. V. Parthasarathy, Dr. K. Gunaseelan.
AROI Endowment Oration Award to Dr. K. S. Reddy
Dr. K. S. Reddy, Director-RCC was felicitated with "AROI ENDOWMENT ORATION AWARD" on 19th October 2013 at Anna University, Chennai during the 18th State Annual Conference with the theme of "New Frontiers in Medical Physics" conducted by Department of Medical Physics, Anna University & Association of Medical Physicist of India Tamilnadu & Puducherry Chapter.
List of facilities
List of Facilities presently available at RADIOTHERAPY DEPARTMENT, RCC JIPMER
- High precision dual energy linear accelerator CLINAC iX with OBI and ECLIPSE version 10.0 TPS capable of 3D-CRT.
- IMRT, IGRT, VMAT, Electrons, SBRT teletherapy.
- Frameless stereotactic radio-surgery.
- Single energy linear accelerator for conventional teletherapy.
- Cobalt-60 teletherapy unit.
- Nucletron micro-selectron HDR brachytherapy unit.
- Varian Gamma Med Plus iX HDR brachytherapy unit.
- X-Ray simulator.
- One 500 mA X-Ray unit; one 100 mA mobile X-ray unit.
- Brachytherapy done include: intra-cavitory, intra-luminal, interstitial & mould therapy.
- Both day care & inpatient chemotherapy.
- Blood irradiation for transplant of stem cells.