The Department of Pharmacology
Ongoing Research Projects:
- Pattern of adherence to MDI and the effect of intervention on the adherence in patients with respiratory diseases.
- Prevalence of adulteration of non-allopathic medicines with allopathic medicines.
- Influence of CYP3A5*3 genetic polymorphism on dose adjusted plasma levels of carbamazepine in epileptic patients in South Indian population.
- Effect of vitamin D as add-on therapy in vitamin D deficient polycystic ovarian syndrome women: a randomised double blind placebo controlled trial.
- In vitro cytotoxic effects of cleistanthins A & B on colorectal cancer and stem cells.
- Pharmacogenomics of gemcitabine in patients with metastatic lung cancer
- Pharmacogenomics of bleomycin –induced pulmonary toxicity in South Indian cancer patients.
- Efficacy and safety of Curcuma longa on cardiac endothelial function in native Tamilians with Type-2 Diabetes mellitus: A randomized double blind, parallel arm, placebo controlled trial.
- Effect of ABCB1 C3435T genetic polymorphism on clinical response of carbamazepine in South Indian epileptic patients.
- Protective effect of gallic acid and quercetin on anti-tubercular drug induced liver injury and its possible mechanisms in in vivo and in vitro models.
- Medicine use and availability in public health facilities of Pondicherry.
- Epigenetic variations in breast cancer and response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in a South Indian population.
- Evaluation of clinical significance and prognostic value of circulating tumor cells and comparison of patient derived xenograft animal models in non-small cell lung cancer patients.
- Effect of cleistanthins A&B on benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate cancer: Insights into molecular mechanisms.
- Adverse effects of tacrolimus and its associated risk factors in renal transplant recipient.
- Efficacy of epalrestat and benfotiamine in patients with diabetic neuropathy: A randomized controlled trial.
- Association between genetic polymorphisms rs628031 (1222 A>G) and rs622342 (1386C>A) in SLC22A1 gene and gastrointestinal adverse effects with metformin treatment in south Indian patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: A cross-sectional study.
- Effect of silymarin as an adjunct to standard treatment in depressive disorder. A biomarker based exploration.
- Efficacy of Phyllanthus niruri on improving liver functions in patients with alcoholic hepatitis: A double blind randomized controlled trial.
- Estimation of prevalence of anti-platelet action of aspirin and its candidate gene polymorphism in South Indian population: A cross sectional study.
- Role of therapeutic drug monitoring in predicting efficacy & toxicity of intravenous amikacin in hospitalized patients with urinary tract infection:a hospital based prospective study.
- Anti-hypertensive and pleiotropic effects of Phyllanthus emblica extract as an add on therapy in patients with newly diagnosed essential hypertension - A randomized double blind, parallel arm, placebo controlled trial.
- Serum valproate concentrations and therapeutic outcome in patients with bipolar disorder: an observational study in a tertiary care setting.
- CYP2C19 genetic variants and non-genetic factors influencing voriconazole induced adverse effects in South Indian patients with haematological malignancies.
- Pharmacokinetics of colistin in patients with multidrug resistant Gram negative bacterial infections.