- Pre-hospital Trauma Technician Course (PHTT): This course was started in 2007 with the training period of 10 months in Pre-hospital Emergency management. Initially, the course was named as Pre-hospital Trauma Technician course (PHTT). In 2011, the course was renamed as “Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Course”. In addition to one year study period in this course, internship of one year is included for training of EMT’s.
- MD Postgraduate Residency Programme: From the year of 2014 April, Postgraduate Residency Programme (MD-Emergency Medicine and Trauma) has started with annual intake of 6 residents.
- Undergraduate Training: Each batch of undergraduate students will undergo a compulsory two weeks training in the Department. The training includes Basic Life Support (BLS), First Aid and bedside discussion on emergency medical, surgical and trauma diagnosis and management.
- ACLS training Program: JIPMER has started the ACLS training program for the Doctors and Residents periodically to upgrade the knowledge on Emergency Care and Resuscitation.
- A memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Global Academy for Emergency Medicine (GAEM) Trust and Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) is entered into on the 14th Day of February 2014 to share its expertise to improve emergency care and develop the specialty of emergency medicine in India.
- As a part of the expansion of collaboration with Hospital Lariboisiere, Denis Diderot Paris 7 Université, Paris, France, the department of Emergency Medicine and Trauma at JIPMER initiated its programs to share the experience with them. As a part of this, Indo- French Emergency Medicine Workshop 2014 was held from 8th to 10th May, 2014.