At present, the “Department of Clinical Immunology” offer a large number of patient care services that include: Immunodiagnostic services
- Advance immunological tests for early and specific diagnosis of autoimmune diseases (Immunoflorescence, ELISA, RIA, Nephelometry, Immunoblotting)
- Molecular (PCR- HLA B27, DR-DQ)
- Skin Prick Test (SPT) for allergic respiratory disorders.
We perform a large number of immunological and molecular tests related to patient diagnostics and research activities. In addition, we perform therapeutic procedures for patient management. The number of the tests and procedures performed (Diagnostic + Therapeutic + Research) has increased exponentially in a short span of three years. The total number of diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures performed in the year 2012-2013 was 10,137. In addition, 11,406 research investigations were also performed which are likely to be helpful in establishing newer patient care facilities in near future.
The department has established the HLA typing and matching facility in the year 2012-2013. This will help to establish solid organ and bone marrow transplantation services at JIPMER.
- Latest therapeutic modalities like immunomodulator/immunosuppressive and biological response modifier therapy for autoimmune disorders.
- Joint and soft tissue injections for inflammatory arthritis and soft tissue rheumatism.
- Allergen specific immunotherapy in the form of sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) for bronchial asthma and allergic rhinitis.
- We are now in the process of establishing stem cell therapy as a part of regenerative medicine and tumor immunotherapy facilities.
Inpatient Services Bed Occupancy Rate
Immunology Ward (19 beds) 98%
Arthritis Clinic : Monday
Follow up and Allergy Clinic : Wednesday
Paediatric Rheumatology and Immunology Clinic: Thursday
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Scleroderma and Vasculitis Clinic : Friday
Day care services
Zolendronate, Biologics, Pulse cyclophosphamide therapies